Friday, May 19, 2017

Moonaadem Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
This project is a “next step” in my metal music career where I wish to focus on the ambient and atmospheric aspects of black metal music.

2.In June you have an album coming out, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
I would say that the musical direction of this album is oriented towards an ambient sounding metal, mixed with black metal parts and traditional black metal vocals.

3.You were once a part of 'Black Folly', what was the decision to put an end to that project and start this new one?
Interesting question, well in the last days of “Black Folly” I had started mixing post-black metal elements in the music, I was growing very fond of the genre until, in my opinion, it took a bad turn. So I decided that it’s time to end this chapter and start a new one with a darker sound.

4.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your newer music?
Mainly the lyrical themes are about life, death grief and nature.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Moonaadem'?
‘Moonaadem’ is Arabic for ‘Non-existent’, one of the main reasons that made me start this project was that I decided that it’s time we rose above our personal struggles and made art about what is truly important which is the worthlessness of life.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, would you be open to working with other musicians if they are available in the area where you live at?
Concerning the musical composition process and lyrics writing I would say that I would prefer to do it myself, so that I could always portrait a true image of ‘Moonaadem’ and keep spreading the same message, but I am open to having session musicians for playing my material live and also open for collaborating with other artists for other projects.

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?
Basically this album will be released independently, but if a good record deal came along the way I might take it, nothing is sure.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of ambient black metal?
I would say the feedback was rather positive, but I think we will truly know when the full album is released.

9.Where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?
Well I have other projects than ‘Moonaadem’ I am also a film music composer for short movies and such, I see myself continuing my black metal project and advancing in film music composition in the future.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Lately I have been listening to some traditional black metal, old Satyricon, old Taake…etc also listening to some depressive black metal, Nyktalgia, Lyrinx, Austere…etc  other than metal music ive been listening to some Mogwai and This will destroy you…etc . I think what has influenced this album what traditional black metal and ambient depressive music mainly.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
Photographing Nature, animation movies and writing

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
I would like to thank you for this interview, and thank all the people that have supported the project so far.

Facebook
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment