Sunday, April 30, 2017

Endless Voyage X Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?
Well I started this project because I really was wanting to write something I really liked. Something that sounded very much metal but also used other elements too.

2.So far you have released an ep, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording?
Well my last ep I would describe the sound as Atmospheric doom metal with some heavier black metal moments!

3.You have also been involved with other musical projects, what are some of the things you have been able to express yourself with musically that you where not able to do in the other ones?
Well this project is a bit more personal. I got tired of writing about space. I'm way more interested in nature and history.

4.Can you tell us a little bit more about the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with this project?
My lyrical themes talk about anything from society, the ocean(of course) to darker topics such as darkness and Insanity.

5.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Endless Voyage X'?
It's. It too deep of a meaning really. Thought it fit well with an ocean theme.

6.With this project you record everything by yourself, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to work solo?
I wouldn't be opposed to working with others.

7.Fragile Branch Recordings are re-issuing your ep, are you happy with the support that they have given you so far?
Oh yeah! Fragile Branch is incredible! Andy is a great dude! I'm super thankful for all the support from Fragile Branch so far!

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black and doom metal?
It's been great!

9.When can we expect a full length and also where do you see yourself heading into musically during the future?
I'm going to be working on a full length starting this fall or 2018!

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
Well anyone who knows me knows I am a huge fan of Bathory and Celtic Frost amongst a few others haha. Lately I'd say I'm listening to A bit of everything. I can go from listening  to Chuck Berry to Dark Angel with no problem!

11.What are some of your non musical interests?
I love to hike and spend time with friends and family. I'm also a huge supporter of local breweries. I love finding new ones all the time.

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
Check out my new ep Those Whom Time Forgot by Fragile Branch!

Bandcamp
Facebook
SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment