Friday, May 15, 2015

Sorrow Plagues Interview


1.For those that have never heard of you before, can you tell us a little bit about the musical project?

Sorrow plagues is a one man project by me, David Lovejoy. Started up around August 2014 with my first EP "it will never end". I recently just released my latest EP "An Eternity of Solitude"

2.So far you have released 2 EPs and a single, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on those recordings?

I'd say the production is quite raw, with a harsh, depressive atmosphere, but the melodies are very soothing.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects you explore with your music?

I don't like to reveal my lyrics, however the topics I talk about are loneliness, depression, philosophy and anything that's important to me I guess.

4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Sorrow Plagues'?

It's actually just the title of a song by a band I listen to called Devil Sold His Soul. Thought the title would sound quite fitting to the music I was making.

5.With this musical project you play all of the instruments and do the vocals, are you open to working with other musicians or do you prefer to remain solo?

I will remain solo, that way I can do exactly what I want, however I do intend to do some shows at some point so I would have to get some session players.

6.Have you ever worked with any full bands before in the past?

I've been in bands all my musical life. I'm currently in a hardcore/post-rock band called Callista. I'm filling in on guitar for a couple of metal bands too.

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?

I've recieved a bit of interest from some independent labels. I'm working with no sleep till meggido records to produce physical copies. A friend of mine has a label called Infectious sounds and he's digitally distributing my music.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?

Yeah, black metal fans from all around the world seem to really enjoy my music. 

9.When can we expect a full length album and also where do you see yourself heading into as a musician in the future?

Possibly for my next release, but time will tell. Took me a couple months to write the latest EP and I have a feeling it will take even longer for my next release due to my other musical projects.

10.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

I'd say the biggest influence for me when it comes to the black metal side of my music would be Woods of Desolation, especially thew earlier stuff. absolutely love that project. The rest of my inspiration comes from the wide array of music I listen to. I'm pretty big on tech metal at the moment.

11.What are some of your non musical interests?

I watch quite a bit of pro wrestling in my free time, I've given it a go too haha

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

I don't really have anything to say but I'd like to thank you for your kind words on my latest release.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Spotify
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment