Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Drukne Interview


1.1. Can you tell us a little bit about the project for those that have never heard of you before?
1. I started Drukne in the fall after I started college. I had recorded under TSDD for a while, but got tired with it and wanted to do something new.

2. How would you describe your musical sound?
2. My music is raw, but with a bit of an atmospheric edge. If done right, rawness in black metal can be hypnotic.

3. The lyrical topics cover alot Of Nietzsche themes, what is it that interests you about this philosopher and also do you have any interest in other philosophers?
3. I am a philosophy student and have always loved Nietzsche. Reading Thus Spoke Zarathustra, I was highly inspired by his experiences when he returns to the mountain. As for other writers and philosophers, I love Camus, Kant, Dostoevsky, Sartre, Kierkegaard, and Tolstoy.

4. What is the meaning and inspiration behind the bands name?
4. My band name comes from one of Ash Borer's early songs. I really love Ash Borer.

5. Before you did this project you had The Sons Of Dead Druids, how would you describe the difference between the 2 projects?
5. I honestly don't know. The muse is certainly different. TSDD was more or less me getting adjusted to playing music. I started playing guitar only a few months before recording my first few songs.

6. Currently there is only 1 member in the band are you planning on expanding the line up in the future or do you choose to remain solo?
6. I'd like a drummer, but I'd prefer Drukne to be a solo project.

7. Currently you are unsigned, heave you looked for a label or received any label interest?
7. Tridroid records is doing a Drukne release soon. It features remixed versions of Drukne and TSDD songs. I also have a song on Tridroid's black metal compilation.

8. On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of black metal?
8. Bad and good. I had a French blogger say it sounded like a Burzum demo and that he'd rather listen to Billy Ray Cyrus's Christmas special. Surprisingly enough, I've had some praise for its rawness and noisy feel.

9. Are there any other musical projects besides this band or is this full time?
9. I've been working on some dark folk and experimental stuff lately. There is talk of me joining forces with another local musician to start a black metal project.

10. What direction do you see your music heading into on future releases?
10. I really don't know. I hate drum machines with a passion. I've honestly thought about just playing ambient or some sort of weird experimental stuff. I have a lot stuff wrote, but I am saving that for another time.

11. What are some bands or musical styles that have influenced your music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
11. As for influences, Ash Borer, Darkthrone, Burzum, and Alda are the biggest. As for what I like, it's really broad. Lately, I have been listening to Sangre de Muerdago, Purity Rings, Sleep, and Yellow Eyes.

12. Does Paganism or Occultism play any role in your music?
12. Paganism is certainly influential in my music. I like to attribute the rawness of my music to a primal, pagan force.

13. Outside of music what are some of your interests?
13. I like reading, old movies, video games, and history. Nothing too interesting.

14. Any final words or thoughts before we wrap up this interview?
14. I don't really know what else to say. I think it's been covered already haha. If you are interested in Drukne's music, keep tune to Tridroid's Facebook page for release information.


Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment